Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Another one...

A colleague asked me through text if my second sss maternity claim was granted. "Of course" , I said. Now that made me wondered why she asked but I didn't want to entertain the thought of M I S C A R R I A G E. I asked her why, I couldn't help it. After being thrilled by her pregnancy, I felt I should ask.



To my fear, she miscarried...for the second time, just like me. It was bizarre though. Her first pregnancy was January this year, same with me only that it was last year. Her miscarriage was February, mine was a year before and that was February. She got pregnant again on September, I got pregnant on September of 2006. We both learned our miscarriages on the month of October. Weird eh.



Miscarrying will never be easy. I remember the day when Lic and I went to the sonologist's lab for an ultrasound. It was a small gloomy room along Blumentritt. The sonologist asked me if I took any kind of pill or if I got stressed lately. She asked those question because........ my baby already died inside me. Lic was waiting outside the room, I didn't know how to break the devastating news to him. I felt numbed, I felt like my soul separated from my being. I took a deep breath, I pulled the creeky door and told him that the we lost our baby.



He asked me the same question I was asking myself, "WHY???". I didn't know what to say. I didn't know too. We left the lab and went inside the car where we cried like babies. It was a rainy afternoon, as if the heavens were mourning with us.



I was never the same since then....

0 comments: